العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > السيارات الأوروبية > فولكس > VW News Archive

VW News Archive ارشيف الاخبار نقلاً عن المواقع العالمية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 31-08-2010, 02:40 AM
اخبار مصر موتورز اخبار مصر موتورز غير متواجد حالياً
مراسل مصر موتورز
من انا؟: إدارة مصرموتورز

تاريخ التسجيل: Jun 2008
الموقع: مصر
المشاركات: 18,315
اخبار مصر موتورز is a name known to allاخبار مصر موتورز is a name known to allاخبار مصر موتورز is a name known to allاخبار مصر موتورز is a name known to allاخبار مصر موتورز is a name known to allاخبار مصر موتورز is a name known to all
2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup Street Edition: How low is too low?

Filed under: Sedan, Performance, Volkswagen, Diesel, Long-Term Garage

2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup Street Edition - Click above for high-res image gallery

My daily driver is lowered. Really low. Like damn-near-touring car low. Almost every car I've owned over the last decade has benefited from some kind of suspension setup that dropped its ride height. Traversing speed-bumps and steep driveways has always been a slow-speed, one-wheel-at-a-time affair for me. But with all these different cars with their low clearances, I've never had as many problems with scraping as I have with our long-term Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup Street Edition.

The first time it reared its ugly head wasn't in a parking lot or on a curb, but during my initial blast down a favorite backroad. I went into a banked right-hand bend, and as the left suspension loaded up, I heard a faint scraping noise up front. I figured it was a fluke until it happened a second time. Then a third. After the drive, I stopped to scope out the damage and found the paint stripped down to the base coat under the left bumper.

Since then, it's only gotten worse, but it's not the lower fascia that's taking the brunt of the abuse.

There's a small lip on the plastic underbody tray that gets caught on driveways and a marginally steep curbs, and after a few dozen scrapes, the four plastic clips holding it to the bumper are approaching their breaking point. It's not a major issue, but hearing plastic meeting asphalt on a regular basis is enough to make anyone cringe.

As such, I make it a point to reverse into driveways steeper than a few degrees and slowly pull out, careful to drop one wheel, and then the next, when leaving. Yes, this is a sporty sedan. And yes, some concessions need to be made. But with a suspension that's barely lower than a stock TDI, it's the front fascia - and specifically this underbody tray - that's to blame. And considering this is the same kit pulled from VW's TDI racers, a slight modification to the lower valance might have been in order for street duty. While it's more than just eye candy and has been optimized for increased airflow over the standard Jetta, the Cup Street Edition's lower valance must live in the real world, and so far, the real world has left its mark on our long-term tester.

Gallery: Review: 2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup Street Edition

2010 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup Street Edition: How low is too low? originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 30 Aug 2010 19:24:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

أكثر...
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 02:22 PM.