العودة   مصر موتورز مجتمع السيارات > منتديات السيارات العامة > سلامتك على الطريق > تقارير اجنبية

تقارير اجنبية خاص بالتقارير الاجنبية والاخبار العالمية المتعلقة بالامان والسلامة المرورية

إضافة رد

أدوات الموضوع
قديم 16-06-2011, 11:05 PM
ahmed_7erzon ahmed_7erzon غير متواجد حالياً

تاريخ التسجيل: May 2011
المشاركات: 618
ahmed_7erzon will become famous soon enough
افتراضي 2011 Acura RDX Tech Review

It’s compact in size but not in attitude. Acura’s RDX enters 2011 largely unchanged from last year when it underwent significant modification.

Blustery turbocharged engine pulls with zeal
As with all Acura stock, the RDX is performance-oriented, meaning that in addition to traits typical to all-wheel-drive (AWD) crossovers, the RDX is intended to evoke passion and exhilaration in those behind its leather-clad wheel.

Acura’s RDX enters 2011 largely unchanged from last year when it underwent significant modification. (Photo: Rob Rothwell/Auto123.com)

At the heart of the matter is a feisty, if not somewhat blustery, turbocharged 4-cylinder engine. In addition to turbocharging, the 2.3-litre DOHC mill relies upon Acura’s i-VTEC variable valve-timing technology to produce 240 horsepower @ 6,000 rpm and 260 pound-feet of torque @ 4,500 rpm.

Those are sizeable performance figures for a four-banger. Before being dispersed to all four wheels by Acura’s Super-Handling all-wheel-drive (SH-AWD) setup, the generous flow of power is managed by a 5-speed automatic transmission featuring steering wheel mounted shift-paddles and Grade Logic Control.

Bluster and fluster
The gutsy mill at work beneath the RDX hood serves up plenty of raw, heartfelt thrust, in fact, sometimes too much. There are qualities about this engine that I truly admire, such as its unbridled willingness to work hard and a keenness to greet its redline.

Shortly after departing its state of idle, the engine pulls with impressive might, exhibiting no flat spots throughout its broad rev band. A couple of “not so desirable” traits include throttle mapping that’s less linear than it should be and a variety of “whooshes” and other sounds that seem out of place in an upscale ride such as the RDX.

The lack of throttle linearity is attributable to a tendency for the turbocharger to throw more coal into the firebox than expected. This results in a surge of power that’s often greater than desired as one pulls calmly away from a stoplight. Obviously, time behind the wheel will allow driving habits to adapt to the delivery of power; I just think it should be the other way around.

Five cogs autobox
The RDX is only available with an automatic transmission, and in Canada all RDXs are fitted with the added traction of AWD whereas front-wheel drive (FWD) is available in the US. I’ve always preferred the benefits of AWD in this sort of vehicle despite the penalty in fuel economy.

The engine of the RDX produces 240 horsepower @ 6,000 rpm and 260 pound-feet of torque @ 4,500 rpm. (Photo: Rob Rothwell/Auto123.com)

In the case of my tester, fuel consumption was on the oppressive side given the size of its engine and the overly optimistic economy rating of 11.7L/100km and 8.7L/100km of city and highway driving respectively. My observed economy was more in the range of 12.8L/100km of combined city and highway driving.

Could it be that an extra couple of cogs in the autobox would improve fuel economy while smoothing-out performance? The competitors in the compact/mid-size crossover field are migrating to six and 7-speed automatic transmissions of late.

Despite its low cog-count, the RDX autobox shifts remarkably well and at the appropriate intervals, this includes downshifting. When the need arises to pass slower traffic, the RDX does so with compelling authority. Compelling authority is also revealed in the corners.

SH-AWD and firm underpinnings deliver handling competency
Perhaps the RDX’s most notable attribute is its ability to devour curves and hairpins in a most un-crossover-like manner. Counter-intuitive to its relatively high ride-height is the RDX’s on-road “sporting” characteristics.

I certainly enjoyed the spirited driving dynamics of the RDX, finding it to be highly responsive and eager to please when pushed into a corner. Some of that enjoyment was, however, tempered by firm ride dynamics.

The RDX is not as absorbent over rough surfaces as some of its competitors; that said, the smoother competition is unlikely to match the agility and handling competency of the RDX. Where do I fall in this ride-versus-handling continuum?

Perhaps it’s a generational thing but I’d place greater importance on ride comfort if contemplating the purchase of a compact/mid-size crossover. The Volkswagen Tiguan is a good example of what I mean; it’s also powered by a turbocharged 4-cylinder engine but delivers a more relaxed ride and throttle response that’s more linear.

My $42,490 tester bore the extra content of Acura’s Technology package. (Photo: Rob Rothwell/Auto123.com)

I’m sure the performance-minded might find the Tiguan to be too docile in both looks and performance for their preferences. If that’s the case, the RDX is the obvious candidate.

My $42,490 tester bore the extra content of Acura’s Technology package, which includes navigation with voice recognition and off-road tracking along with a rearview camera and premium audio, making this spirited crossover attractive to buyers seeking both performance and luxury in an upscale reasonably-sized, reasonably-priced crossover.
رد مع اقتباس
إضافة رد

ضوابط المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code متاحة
كود [IMG] متاحة
كود HTML متاحة

الانتقال السريع

MasrMotors غير مسؤول عن أي اتفاق تجاري أو تعاوني بين الأعضاء
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر عن رأي MasrMotors ولا نتحمل أي مسؤولية قانونية حيال ذلك ويتحمل كاتبها مسؤولية النشر

الساعة الآن 11:56 PM.